We visited another castle this weekend and so far we are not tired of old castles yet. I am concerned that someday we will say "no more castles!" and then I will be out of things to see. I guess we could go to old churches or something. The castle Lichtenberg near the town of Thallichtenberg was advertised on Wikipedia as the biggest castle ruin in Germany, I tend to disagree but so what it was a good visit anyway. Even more impressive was a geological museum on the castle grounds. It was very good and had lots of fossils.

On our way there we stopped to look at antiques and have lunch.
On our way there we stopped to look at antiques and have lunch.
At the castle we enjoyed exploring the walls and the very large tower that was part of the old keep.
No comments:
Post a Comment