Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving in the eastern Med










We tried something different for Thanksgiving and went on a cruise to the eastern Med. The ship left out of Venice and went to several Greek islands. We got to spend a few hours in Venice before the ship sailed, visiting Saint Marks square and shopping for all kinds of treasures.
One of the stops was at the ancient Greek site of Olympus where the Olympic games started, we had a foot race and I won of course. I might have even set some kind of record. We also visited the island where the movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" was filmed. I have never watched it but my kids said it was the same spot.
We also went to an ancient Greek acropolis on Rhodes, I enjoyed seeing two of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, well, at least where they were, both the temple of Zeus and the colossus of Rhodes are long gone.
It was a wonderful way to have family time and visit parts of Greece, the ship was very nice and we also had some of our friends with us on the cruise.

No comments: